Sorry, again, guys. Ever since Arrow went missing (not literally), it’s been kind of all over the place on who posts when. Not to blame him, but we just simply lost our groove.
Although I didn’t state it outright, I hinted to the fact that I had faith we would get more pieces put together concerning the ambiguity of “Across the Sea”. And we did! More or less. There are still some questions, but I suppose in terms of what is important for what is happening now, we know what we need to know. It would be nice to know more, like where the island came from and such, but I think those are just things we will just have to learn to deal with not knowing.
Indulge me while I list everything out again. Things I am excited about/really loved:
1. Jack’s ex wife will finally be revealed. Will it be Juliet? They have been way too secretive about it all this time for it just to turn out to be Sarah. It has to be Juliet. We have yet to see Elizabeth Mitchell, and I know for a fact she filmed scenes for the finale.
2. Ben is still evil! I am not excited about this, per se, as I was very happy when it seemed as though he was a new man. However, when he shot Widmore and said, “He doesn’t get to save his daughter.” I was like, “Holy shit!” and literally moved to the edge of my seat.
3. A lot of people are going to be encountering each other at the Concert in the Flash-Sideways. I can only assume that James will wind up being Miles’ date. Desmond is match-making, clearly. Charlie will go with Desmond and meet Claire. Jack will go for his son and meet Kate (I guess). James will go with Miles and meet Juliet. Charlotte will be there and Daniel will confess his love to her. Sayid will . . . die alone, I guess, unless Shannon or Nadia show up. All assumption, of course.
4. I laughed out loud when Desmond turned on his car when Locke was crossing the parking lot. I just think it is hilarious how absolutely crazy Desmond is coming off to everyone.
5. It was nice to finally learn why Kate had her name crossed out. It didn’t quite make sense at first why Sun and Jin or Rose and Bernard were ever brought to the island, since they were married (one couple happily so) and therefore not considered alone. However, Rose’s cancer was cured on the island, thus allowing her and Bernard a chance to live a long happy life together (wherever they are now), and Sun and Jin developed a healthy marriage and had a daughter (that is now an orphan). I think Jin was the Kwon Candidate all along, since he was alone on the island and Sun had her daughter.
6. Even though I have suspected for quite some time that Jack would be the new Jacob, it was really awesome to see it happen. It wasn’t quite as climactic as I was hoping—I guess I was expecting a slow 80s movie clap or something—but at the same time it happened so naturally that it was pretty much perfect when he stepped forward to take on the responsibility. I am so excited about this. I don’t know. I think I have always wanted Jack to come back as the hero ever since he went a little crazy, and that moment is here and it is amazing. I cannot wait.
7. We know why Desmond is so important to the island! Intense.
There was a TeeHee moment for me this week, guys. When Rousseau and Ben shared a romantic eyes-locking moment in the kitchen. Oh man. I giggled. That was silly.
I am sure there are eleventy billion other things I could mention that happened in this episode, but to be honest, I am in a hurry and didn’t know I was first this week so this will have to do for now. We will try and figure out something special to do for our last blog. We are also trying to think of some way to possibly keep this going, perhaps with another show or something. I just want to say that I really enjoyed this episode, and I am so so so so anxious about the finale this Sunday. I feel it all over my body and I cannot wait to share in the excitement/anger/sadness/bittersweet/awe with all of you when it all ends.