Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Delay In Our Regularly Scheduled Program

My classes have gone back to happening on Tuesday nights, so I will not be able to watch tonight's episode until after my class. I don't get out until 9pm and it's an hour drive back. Seeing as how I am next to blog first, I will have my post up as soon as possible. Sorry about that, guys. Only one more week and I am finished!

Also, just to clear the air concerning the LAX timeline...I don't HATE it. I don't even hate watching the different ways they all would have met off the island. I think it's cool and interesting, and sometimes funny and sweet. Also, keep in mind I have been sticking up for its importance in the grand scheme of things. I am just slightly bitter, because I am so curious about the island and all of its mysteries that I would rather more time be spent on the Island timeline than the LAX. Therefore, in comparison to the Island, LAX is significantly more boring. That's all I meant! So please don't get bummed out, readers and Swan! I don't hate it! It's just in second place.

That's all for now.

Pearl

EDIT:
Call me crazy but is this Cindy the Flight Attendant?

8 comments:

  1. I do belive that it is her. Comparision picture here: http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Cindy_Chandler

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the same boat--I work Tuesday nights :( It is quite a bummer.

    Completely agree with you re: the LAX timeline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta get my thoughts down now before I lose them:

    LAX-

    Locke was engaged to Helen when the plane crashed? So why would he want to stay on the island, was it just his now-useful legs acting as his only motivation?

    Stupid Randy.

    Ben is creepy no matter what timeline he's in.

    ISLAND-

    Who was the boy that "Locke" and Sawyer saw, but Richard didn't? Was it cause Sawyer is a "candidate"? Who is this kid that knows "the rules", and can get the drop on "Locke"?

    This episode renewed my love for the phrase, "Don't tell me what I can't do!!"

    The numbers assigned to each "candidate" were the numbers on the hatch: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, and 42. Notice that Claire, one of the Kwons and Kate don't have numbers and are either NOT on the wall, or have already been crossed out.

    I freakin' loved Ben's eulogy.

    Why is "Locke" stuck in that form (other than much-deserved job security for Terry O'Quinn)?


    These are questions. Questions that must be defeated WITH ANSWERS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miles also has no number. I keep forgetting he exists, despite how much I love his character.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since I am going to post soon, I won't say much in response to you, Pac but...

    1. Kate is the only Lostie that stood out to me in not having a number because Jacob actually touched her at some point in her life--Claire and Miles were never touched by Jacob, and only Jin was touched by Jacob.

    2. Locke wasn't engaged to Helen before, but he is now in the flash sideways universe. He was going to propose before, but that last meeting his dad caused her to leave him. Also notice she mentioned only inviting his dad and a few other family members to the wedding, meaning his dad probably isn't responsible in this new reality for Locke being paralyzed since they are all clearly on good terms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't understand why Kate doesn't have a number. She is one of the people that Jacob encountered off the island, just like all of the names written on the cave wall, but she wasn't there. Jin and Sun are also absent...hmmm...I just don't know what it all means.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sun was touched on the arm along with Jin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mistake, she was touched along with Jin. Harder to see him touch her. I thought maybe I missed that the first time around, but I guess not.

    ReplyDelete