Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Previously On Lost...

Remember that time that Hubert Humphrey moved his Inauguration back a week so that the country could keep it's eye on the season premier of Flipper? Or, how about when George Washington called a recess in the Second Continental Congress so they could go check out Mozart's 5th violin concerto? Yeah, those things never happened, but when the State of the Union Address was scheduled for February 2nd the White House had to reassess their decision making.
"I don't foresee a scenario in which the millions of people who hope to see a conclusion to 'Lost' are pre-empted by the president" - The White House Press Secretary
That is how great this show is. It practically qualifies as domestic policy.

I just got back from watching the two hour season finale of season 5 at a local theater and these are the things I wrote down in my notepad.
-"What's done is done."
-"only ends once... anything before is just progress."
- I love Sawyer and Juliet
- Jack is an asshole but, I trust Daniel.
- Jacob to Sun and Jin, "Your love is a very special thing."
- JACK'S AN ASSHOLE!
- "They're coming."

Every man's motivation in this show is to get the girl. Jack wants to change the future/past because he messed everything up with Kate. Sawyer goes along with the nuke the island plan because Juliet tells him to (she turns into a huge maze of neuroses this episode... "I love you so I want to never have met you.") Daniel just wants Charlotte back. All of this would bother me if, you know, it wasn't that far from reality.

Did you see the screenshot from the trailer of Clair?
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43737
That gets me super exited. Where has she been? WHERE HAS SHE BEEN?

Theory that can't be true:
How ballsy would it be if the show started out with the plane landing at LAX (which is the title of the first episode) and the whole season is just this melodrama about people with terrible lives living in LA. Like, the sixth season never even references any of the previous five seasons. Oh man, Lindelof and Cuse would be killed by light saber wielding nerds within a week.

So, this was kind of sprawling. But, that's really the only way my thoughts come out about this show. I'm really so excited to be writing to all of you over the next sixteen final episodes. And don't worry guys, "Everything will be fine when Jack changes the future. Or the past. One of those."

-Hydra

3 comments:

  1. I like your Theory that can't be true. It'd be frustratingly awesome. If it was at all possible that it could be true. :] But everyone would go insane if they did that.

    A theory I've had since the Season Five finale is that the next season will start out with Hurley waking up from a coma, and the entire past five seasons will have just been in his mind. IT'S NOT COMPLETELY CRAZY BECAUSE in Season...Three? I think?, when Hurley is seeing Dave the Imaginary Friend on the Island, Dave tells Hurley that none of it's real and he's been in a coma the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack IS an asshole. THANK YOU. After rewatching the series I wondered how I EVER swooned over him/respected him in the first time around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited that you guys made this blog. SO excited!!!

    ReplyDelete